Experience winter in Walchsee: where snow-covered diversity is home ...Details
Did you know that in the Kaiserwinkl there is one of the biggest network of trails in all of Austria? Up to 127,5 kilometres of classic and 126 kilometres of cross-country trails for skating span the towns of Kössen, Walchsee, Schwendt and Rettenschöss. All have been awarded the trail seal of approval from the state of Tyrol. There are even two snow-assured trails that enable you to enjoy cross-country skiing in Austria on the Kaiserwinkl, irrespective of the weather.
Thanks to the wide variety of trails, there are plenty of routes for beginners, those at an advanced level, as well as the fastidious athlete. Connoisseurs know all about the Kaiserwinkl, even throughout Europe. Cross-country skiers and skaters will find everything here that makes for a very good cross-country holiday. Use of the trails in the Kaiserwinkl as well as the neighbouring region of Reit im Winkl is also free of charge.
Cross-country skiing in Tyrol’s Kaiserwinkl: Benefits at a glance:
- Awarded the slope seal of approval from the state of Tyrol
- Part of ‘Tiroler Langlaufspezialisten’
- 253,5 kilometre trail network suitable for beginners through to experts
- Ski schools to learn about cross-country
- Free use of the cross-country trails
- Two snow-covered trails from December
- Free offers and benefits with the Kaiserwinkl Card
This is what we offer you directly at the resort:
- Free cross-country skiing introductory course: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 09.00 am classic and 10.30 am skating
- Private cross-country skiing course for the 1st person for only € 70.00 and for each additional person € 20.00
- Cross-country skiing information stand at the Move & Relax regulars' table: Monday to Saturday from 05.00 pm to 06.00 pm - get information, plan your rental and register for the course
- Cross-country ski trail entrance: only 200 m away from the resort - within walking distance
- In-house cross-country ski school with great offers
- In-house cross-country ski rental with high-quality cross-country ski equipment
- Ski cellar incl. boot dryer: possibility to store your cross-country equipment
- Professional ski workshop for preparing your cross-country skis
- Professional service by our cross-country ski expert with over 10 years of biathlon world cup experience: ski service (waxing, grinding, advice)
- State-of-the-art laser biathlon facility to get a taste of the world of biathlon sports
Skiing and cross-country skiing awaken a weary spirit. Gliding along the trails is regarded as a very special kind of endurance sport. So many kilometres can be covered over several hours, while you breathe in the winter and mountain air. Your body gets an intense work-out during the ascent. In contrast, the gentle ride downhill provides a hint of action in the midst of the beautiful natural surroundings, in what would otherwise be tranquil cross-country skiing.
The most comfortable cross-country holiday can be found in cross-country regions which are ‘Tiroler Langlaufspezialisten’ – of which the Kaiserwinkl is one. These are Cross-country regions, where the focus is very much on Nordic ski sport. The trail seal of approval for the state of Tyrol is awarded to all regions who meet high quality standards for cross-country skiing in Austria.
Cross-country skiing with the Tyrol slope seal of approval promises you:
- Trail network: 127,5 of classic and 126 km skating
- Comfort: Good infrastructure
- Service: High level of customer service along with qualified ski schools and hire points
- Flexibility: for beginners through to experts
These Tyrolean cross-country areas also promise you quality, security and a very special service. Let your cross-country skiing holiday in Austria begin!
Over 120 kilometres of cross-country skiing routes makes for a variety-packed cross-country holiday. Which region and cross-country route should you try? Let our cross-country skiing pro Johannes Harasser, who has over 10 years of biathlon World Cup experience, advise you and give you practical tips and tricks. So nothing stands in the way of your cross-country skiing experience in the midst of beautiful nature with a view of the mountains and the lake.With the trail overview you get an overview of the dreamiest cross-country tours in advance. The filter enables you to precisely define your preferences, to be able to enjoy cross-country skiing the way you like best.
Is it to be the ‘Walchsee snow-covered trail’? With its route spanning 2.1 kilometres and 35 metres ascent, it is lovely to negotiate, provides wonderful views and is ideally suited to beginners. Or are you ready for the challenge presented by the ‘Kaiserwinkl trail’? With a decent 21.5 kilometres and 425 metres ascent, this journey takes you across a steep slope, open fields and over partly undulating terrain.
The desired difficulty level, distance and duration can be individually determined to find many other cross-country routes. The skating technique is there as an option, so you can then be shown the respective trails for it. Let the wild ride begin!
The Walchsee Aktivresort: your gateway to an unforgettable cross-country skiing paradise in Kaiserwinkl
The Walchsee Aktivresort is not just a cross-country skiing hotel, but a retreat where you can experience the fascination of cross-country skiing amidst the magical nature of the Kaiserwinkl. Here are some highlights of our all-round offer:
- Free cross-country skiing introductory course: our experienced guide, Johannes Harasser, will accompany you to the most beautiful routes and give you valuable tips for an unforgettable cross-country skiing experience. Take advantage of this offer from Monday to Saturday at 09.00 in classic style and at 10.00 in skating style to learn the basics of cross-country skiing.
- Private cross-country skiing lessons: Enjoy individual private cross-country skiing lessons for just € 70.00 for the first person and € 20.00 for each additional person to improve your skills on a personalised basis.
- Cross-country skiing information stand at the Move & Relax regulars' table: Visit our information stand daily from 5.00 to 6.00 pm to find out about cross-country skiing options, plan hire options and register for courses.
- Cross-country trail access nearby: With a trail entrance just 200 metres from the resort, you can easily walk to the trails and start enjoying cross-country skiing right away.
- Cross-country skiing school right in the resort: Experience our professional cross-country skiing school, which offers a wide range of courses for cross-country skiers of all levels.
- Cross-country ski hire directly at the resort: High-quality cross-country skiing equipment for all levels to make your run perfect.
- Ski cellar with boot dryer: Store your cross-country skiing equipment safely in the ski cellar and use the boot dryer to ensure your equipment is always dry.
- Professional ski workshop: Rely on our professional ski workshop for expert preparation of your cross-country skis.
- Expert service: Our experienced cross-country skiing experts with over 10 years of Biathlon World Cup experience offer professional services such as ski servicing (waxing, sharpening, advice).
- Modern laser biathlon facility: Get a taste of the world of biathlon with our state-of-the-art laser biathlon facility and discover the fascination of this sport.
- Group training sessions and Move area: Experience inspiring group training sessions for all levels and use our Move area as the perfect place to warm up and relax before or after cross-country skiing.
- Wellness & relaxation: After an active day on the trails, our Relax area with massages and wellness treatments invites you to relax your body and mind.
- Culinary variety: Savour our vital energy cuisine for a balanced diet and to recharge your batteries.
These services are just part of our commitment to making your cross-country skiing holiday an unforgettable experience. But it's not just the resort that offers unrivalled benefits, but also the Kaiserwinkl region:
- Stunning nature: the beauty of the region with its majestic mountains and snow-covered forests is simply breathtaking.
- Cross-country skiing network: With 253.5 kilometres of perfectly groomed trails, the Kaiserwinkl region offers a paradise for cross-country skiers of all levels.
- Panoramic views: Spectacular views of the surrounding mountain landscape from the cross-country ski trails will take your breath away.
Experience the magic of cross-country skiing and discover the fascinating beauty and diversity of the Kaiserwinkl region, which will take your passion for cross-country skiing to a whole new level!
Other activities for your winter holiday in Das Walchsee Activresort:
We are an official cooperation partner and member company of Cross Country Ski Holidays and therefore we are your experts for your active cross country skiing vacation.
Look forward to expert advice from our cross-country skiing professionals at the resort, the right equipment, individual tour recommendations and numerous extras that guarantee you breathtaking vacation moments.
With the "Nordic Fit" award from Cross Country Holidays, we offer cross-country skiers special equipment & services at our disposal.
These are subject to regular control with the quality management system "Q-MTS".
"Q-MTS" is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001 by TÜV Austria and was developed especially for tourist offer groups.