Walchsee Sportresort is the ideal hotel for an action-packed holiday by bike. Enjoy relaxation and wellness, after you return from a cycle tour in the Kaiserwinkl exhausted, yet happy. Our wellness tradition ‘Move & Relax’ stands for keeping exercise and regeneration, as well as relaxation and exertion in a healthy balance.
A cycling holiday in Austria is enchanting thanks to the wonderful scenery. On the horizon, at the foot of the Zahmer Kaiser, the snow-covered mountains inspire, while lush pastures and forests adorn the surrounding area. Dreamy lake landscapes and valleys amaze practically every cyclist.
The well signposted cycle paths span 180 km and tempt you to head out to explore and discover. To enjoy the natural surroundings in a relaxing way and tackle the hills efficiently, E-bikes are also available to hire in the hotel for a fee. And thanks to the battery charging stations throughout the region, you will always enjoy a good range.
Advantages of cycle travel in our Sportresort:
- Bicycle tours: 180 km well signposted cycle paths
- Mountain bike routes: A full 125 km mountain bike tours
- Electric bike: E-Bike hire available with our partners, Ski & Bike Stadl, (opposite the hotel)
- E-Bike service: Free battery charging stations for E-bikes in the surrounding area
- E-Scooter: E-Scooter hire available for a fee in the hotel
- Other offers: Bicycle room, free bike map etc.
In our hotel we provide a convenient service for leisure and serious cyclists. With the cycle room, you have a practical and secure storage option for your bike right in the hotel. And should you not have accessories, including a bike helmet or a bike lock, these are available to loan on site. We also offer you a free cycle map.
Want to enjoy a decent ride with a bit of assistance? With our E-Mountain-bike hire service, riding out on the terrain is not a problem and strenuous ascents are a thing of the past. Make the most of the electric engine to push the pedals without being completely exhausted. Enjoy the natural surroundings as you head climb, then speed down the mountain afterwards, feeling chipper.
- E-Mountain-bike hire with our partner, Ski & Bike Stadl, (opposite the hotel) fee payable
- E-Scooter hire direct in the hotel
- Bicycle room & storage options in the hotel
- Hire of bicycle helmets and bicycle locks
- Free bike map
With assistance from our cycle tour guides you will find exactly the right cycle paths that suit your needs. The filter enables you to enter the difficulty level, along with the distance and duration. You can even set the type of cycle tour. Out and about on your mountain bike? Prefer a road bike? Need an E-bike route? – no problem!
An excerpt of our popular cycle tours:
A very special kind of sightseeing awaits you on a route through all four Kaiserwinkl towns: the ‘Kaiserradrunde‘! Start out on your bike direct from the hotel, heading to Kössen via St. Johann. Ride past the hotly sought-after filming location of the ‘Bergdoktor’ – Ellmau, continuing to the fortress town of Kufstein, along the Inn to Ebbs and back to Walchsee. The cycle tour links both sides of the Kaiser, the Zahmer and the Wilder Kaiser.
This cycle trip is particularly diverse and provides lots of interesting sights. Several interim stops enable you to enjoy some planned breaks and learn about the culture and the surrounding area. The cycle paths are well signposted throughout, which means this cycle tour can be ridden without any interruptions.
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Route length: 83.0 kilometres
- Metres ascent: 700 metres
- Duration of the bike trip: Up to the individual
Other activities for your summer holiday in Tyrol: